Pages

3/30/2012

Repurposed Soda Crate Planter

This old Orange Crush soda crate was another find at a local church yard sale.  I instantly fell in love with the bright colors and graphics and knew that I could come up with something to do with it at home.

DSCN2215

DSCN2217

The only problem with it was that it had a piece of old, nasty carpet attached to the bottom.  I’m not really sure what the point of the carpet was, but I figured that I could easily remove it and the nails that had been used to secure it.

DSCN2221

DSCN2223

DSCN2224

DSCN2226

With a little elbow grease both the carpet and nails were gone and some more fun graphics were exposed on the sides.

DSCN2227

And after popping a few flowers inside I was left with this fun planter for the back patio. 

This is definitely more than a crush… I think I’m in love!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Love it!!

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

How wonderful! What a great idea!!!

Taylor said...

So cute! I would love for you to share this with my "Unveil Your Genius" link party (new linky every Thursday).
http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/03/unveil-your-genius-link-party-3-geniuss.html

happy Tuesday!

Stacey said...

Love this!!! Great idea and those colors are so fun for a planter!