Pages

3/29/2012

I Bought a House!

A bird house that is!  But after stumbling across this sweet little blue bird house at a church yard sale for just $3, who could blame me for pulling the trigger?  I just love the happy, summery colors and I thought it would be the perfect addition to our back yard wilderness!

DSCN2201

You see, we’re literally surrounded by nature here in Kingsport.  Our neighborhood is bordered by a mountain on one side and a river on the other, so it’s not unusual to have deer, rabbits, ducks, or even the occasional skunk or bear in the back yard.  So I’ve been gradually trying to capitalize on our one-ness with nature by turning our gardens and yard into a sanctuary of sorts for all of the little critters that come to visit. 

My new blue bird house is the next step in my master plan!  Not to mention the fact that it’s just plain adorable!

DSCN2206

DSCN2207

DSCN2204

I mean, come on… what little bird wouldn’t want to call this place home?

No comments: