Pages

12/03/2011

Ice Cream Party Invitations!

A good party always starts with a great invitation!  And I must say, I’m in love with the sweet little invites I came up with for Bailey’s upcoming 2nd birthday party!

I sorted through the pages of adorable children’s poems and illustrations that I had left over from my antique chalkboard easel project earlier this year and found these two pages.  They seemed to fit just perfectly with the Ice Cream Party theme we chose for this year.

I scanned the pages into the computer and with the help of some photo editing software I was able to retouch them and remove the poems and page numbers.  This allowed me to have a “blank canvas” to create the invitation.

balloon man picture retouched_edited-1

I then loaded everything into Microsoft Publisher and came up with this darling little invitation!

DSCN1573 (2) copy

I just love the fun colors and the vintage feel!  The whole thing makes me want to smile every time I look at it!  Hope the rest of the party turns out as well as the invitations!

1 comment:

Holly said...

ADORABLE!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!