Pages

12/14/2011

A Christmas Mantel

I’ve finally decorated our mantel for Christmas!  Last year I did a few lights and ornaments and that was about it.  But this year I decided to step it up a notch!

I started with 3 thrifted mirrors—a pair of octagonal mirrors purchased for $2 at the Eastman Flea Market a couple of months back and an ornate mirror purchased for $10 at goodwill.

Next I added a strand of fake pine garland and a strand of icicle lights. 

Then I added in our elk statue (from our trip to Jackson, Wyoming a few years back), an old red hurricane lantern, vases of ornaments, and some extra greenery (picked up during our trip to Roan Valley Tree Farm) to fill things out a bit more.

And here are the end results!  This is definitely the most decorated our mantel has ever been for the holidays! 

DSCN1709

DSCN1707

DSCN1704

DSCN1703

DSCN1701

DSCN1700

I love how the lights reflect off of the mirrors and give the entire room a golden glow!  It really adds a lot of warmth to and coziness to our living room!  And I love how the fresh greenery added in with the fake stuff really beefs things up!  Simply beautiful!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Cute!! LOVE that lantern!!

Alanna said...

ha! thanks... i've had it since i was a kid. we used it (and other oil lamps) all the time when the power would go out.