Pages

9/25/2011

A Day Trip to Dollywood…

…is sure to be fun.  Especially when there are friends involved!  So, when Misty and Rob invited us to join their family for the day, we decided to head down to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and check out Dollywood for ourselves.

DSCN0815

The mountains were beautiful and they had the park decorated for fall.

9-24 156

DSCN0817

Having never been on any amusement park rides before, Bailey was a little very nervous about it at first (in fact she had a mini-meltdown when I tried to sit her on a carousel horse… so bad that even after sitting on the bench instead of the horse she still cried through most of the ride).

5

…but after seeing Maelen have so much fun she decided that it must not be that bad. 

4

So she gave the rest of the rides a chance and she ended up loving them (to the point of kicking and screaming “no” when I went to take her off of the duck ride… yep, that was totally my child)

10

8

6

Besides the rides there were so many other things for the girls to do.  I’ve gotta admit… I was impressed!  It was a lot better than the Dollywood I remember from a trip I went on when I was a girl scout over 15 years ago.  They had two different playground areas…

18

DSCN0983

…and a couple different water play areas.

DSCN0928

DSCN0966

DSCN0976

Before heading home, we rounded off the day with a yummy dinner at the Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant.

19

What a fun way to spend a day with the people you love!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hilarious! Gosh, it's been years since I've seen that place! How fun!