Pages

8/12/2011

DIY Kids Magnet Board

I decided to make a magnet board for Bailey’s room after our most recent visit with our friends Holly and Grady.  You see, Holly has a magnet board in her kitchen at kids’ eye level, and Bailey spent quite a bit of time that weekend playing with it.  In fact, at times she was more interested in the magnet board than in anything else that was going on at the house.

magnet board

My original plan was to pop a rectangle of sheet metal into a thrifted frame.  BUT when I stumbled upon this large circular metal tray at Goodwill for just $1.99 I figured why not.

DSCN0317

I took it home, cleaned it off, and then sprayed it with two coats of purple gloss spray paint.  Then I gave it two coats of a spray sealer (just to make sure that the paint wouldn’t scratch when Bailey slides her magnets around).

DSCN0331

I attached two D-hooks to the back using heavy duty mounting tape.

DSCN0371

And then I was done!  How easy was that!

DSCN0376

And, as expected, Bailey loves it!

2 comments:

Holly said...

How fun!! I know she'll love it!!

Lindsay said...

Cute! Love the purple!