Pages

6/11/2011

Silhouette

So I decided to jump on the silhouette bandwagon (thanks to a little inspiration from my friend Holly).  I bought this old frame (which was a mirror in a past life) for $2.00 at a church rummage sale back in March and instantly knew what I wanted to do with it… make a silhouette of Bailey! 

DSCN1941

So I took it home, cleaned it up, and gave it a couple of nice, even coats of red spray paint.

DSCN1942

Then I snapped some pictures of Bailey and used this process to make my silhouette.  The process was a little tough thanks to all of those pesky pretty curls on the back of her neck and my beginner-level experience with Photoshop… but I think it turned out pretty well.

DSCN1964

I had a piece of oval glass cut at a local frame shop and cut a backer out of foam board.  I traced the shape of the glass onto a piece of scrapbook paper which I then cut out.

DSCN2166

DSCN2168

Next I used an acid free glue stick to mount my silhouette on to the scrapbook paper, sandwiched the scrapbook paper between the glass and backer, and then placed it all in the frame.  Then I used a glue gun to secure everything in place.

DSCN2170

And this is what I ended up with.  Isn’t it sweet?  I just love it!

DSCN2179

Now… I just have to figure out the best place in the house for it.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

It's absolutely adorable! I love the frame!

{the Kirks} said...

That's so cool!