Pages

6/01/2011

Copy Cat

My friend Holly always has such creative ideas when it comes to decorating.  She even has a blog dedicated to all of her thrifting finds and crafty ideas. 

A while back she made an initial pillow (pictured here) by sewing/gluing buttons onto a pillow she found while thrifting.  I always thought it was a cool idea so I decided to make my own. Hopefully Holly doesn’t mind me stealing copying her idea!

For the last several months I’ve been keeping my eye out at yard sales and thrift stores for a solid-colored, slip-covered pillow.  I finally found this red one at a thrift store for $1.00, which I thought would add a nice pop of red on the sofa in the family room.

DSCN2060

I used Microsoft Word  to select a typeface that I liked and printed out the letter “L” really big.  I then cut out the “L” to use it as my template to guide me as I sewed.

Then I rounded up all of the necessary supplies (pillow, “L” template, needle & thread, buttons, and scissors), removed the pillow cover, and got down to sewing (being sure to lay my “L” template on top of the pillow periodically to make sure things weren’t getting too wonky or unevenly spaced)

DSCN2063

And this is what I ended up with!  Pretty nice, huh? 

DSCN1997

DSCN1999

Definitely a pop of color for the sofa!  Don’t you just love it?  I know I do! 

And thanks so much to Holly for being my inspiration!  Keep the craftiness coming!  Now, what other ideas of hers can I steal borrow?

1 comment:

Holly said...

Super cute! And, please copy all you wish! I do it all day long!