So, as promised, here’s a continuation of my last post on the laundry room
mini makeover Craig and I tackled last weekend. Here’s a reminder of what the room looked like after we cleared everything out (Better, but still pretty bad!).
So naturally the next thing we chose to do was paint. Since the current paint was so old and disgusting we had to prime everything first.
Then we started to roll on our new paint color! We already have plenty of yellows, blues and greens throughout the house so we decided to do something totally different… RED!!!
We decided to forego the tinted primer route which had been recommended by a few different people. Not sure exactly why, but I guess we just figured that the red would cover fine with a good base coat of Kilz primer. WRONG! The red did a horrible job of covering and in the end we had to put up 3 coats, using the entire gallon of paint, and there are still a few places that need a little touching up. Needless to say, we won’t be making that mistake again!
But in the end it was worth all of the time and effort because we are very pleased with the end result. The color has really helped add a little fun and brightness to the space!
By far the best part of the
mini makeover thus far was Tuesday when our new appliances were delivered and our new Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer were hooked up! I can’t tell you how exciting it is now to do laundry!
Now… we’re still not done in there. We have plans to put some new white cabinets in (hopefully in the next week or so!) and eventually we’ll swap out the floor, repair the ceiling, move the HVAC, hide the water heater, and install recessed lighting. So, we’re definitely far from done, but we’re a lot closer than before we did our weekend