Pages

2/23/2010

New Carpets and Master Bedroom Redo Part I

At long last we have replaced our old, nasty, stained, mint green carpets in all of the bedrooms!!! I have been wanting to rip out the old carpets since the day I first saw the house and I can not tell you how excited I was to FINALLY tackle this project!

First we ripped out the old carpets in the guest room, nursery, and master bedroom...
... under close supervision from Sydney of course.
Next we removed all of the old padding...
... again with some help from Sydney!

Then came the installation which we decided was best left up to the professionals. We are so happy with the results! DEFINITELY a HUGE improvement over the old stuff!
Our new and improved guest room!

Bailey's beautifully carpeted nursery!
We decided that while we had the old carpets pulled up in the master bedroom that we would FINALLY paint and make a few other improvements! I can't believe I've lived in this house for over 2 years and we haven't so much as painted in our bedroom.
So we tackled the messy job of patching , sanding, and painting the walls and ceiling...
...then Craig installed a new ceiling fan to replace the old ugly light that had been there before.
We still have several things to do before the master bedroom is complete--crown molding, closets, curtains, bedding, etc. but I think we're off to a decent start. I can't wait for it to be finished!

1 comment:

Holly said...

How wonderful! It looks great!!