So, after many disappointing and frustrating searches online and in stores I decided that I would try to make my own crib bedding. I stumbled across this great "decorative tapestry" at Target and thought that it would be just perfect!
So, I decided to use the fabric tapestry to make a duvet cover and pillow case for the crib comforter and pillow that we had previously purchased at Ikea.
I attached snaps to both the duvet cover and pillow case so that Bailey couldn't get tangled in them. Here's a picture of the completed duvet... I think it turned out just fab!
I thought that I would try to make bumper pads out of the remaining tapestry fabric. I wasn't quite sure how to do this, but I was able to find a couple websites that gave me a good idea of how to get started. Once I got going it was pretty easy to figure out!
Here is the completed bumper pad... another fabulous creation! I think all of the colors really look great up against the bright green nursery walls!
What a fun way to spend a weekend! It truly is amazing what a little creativity and a sewing machine can do!