Pages

3/24/2009

9 Years and Counting!

Today marks the 9th anniversary of my first date with Craig... it's amazing how quickly that time seems to have passed yet how long it really has been. We haven't celebrated or even kept up with our dating anniversary in a very long time, but for some reason when I realized that this year marked 9 for us I felt it appropriate.

For those of you who don't know Craig and I became friends our senior year of high school. At some point along the way our friendship grew into a major crush! And that's where things changed forever for us.I can't believe how lucky I am... not everyone is lucky enough to find their partner in life... not everyone is lucky enough to have a partner that is their best friend... and not everyone is lucky enough to find that person at 16 like I did!

We've been able to share so many milestones in life together... prom, graduating high school, going away to college, starting careers, buying a home. We've been there for each other through the good and the bad... loss of grandparents, family illnesses, marriages of friends. We've watched the world change, just as we've watched each other change and grow into the people we are today. And through all of these changes and events in life our love has continued strong... how lucky are we!
It amazes me to think of how far we have come and I am so excited to find out what life has in store for us next! So, here's to the last 9 years of life, love, and memories and the lifetime yet to come! Love always!

5 comments:

Holly said...

awww! sweet!!
Now . . . about those babies . . .

Lindsay said...

And you left out stealing a truck!!! hahahahahahaha I just remembered that when I read your post.

Alanna said...

yeah linds... that was one of the many memorable moments we've had together... i still can't believe how stupid we both were back then!

kim said...

Thats awesome!! Congrats~!! and i love the younger pictures of y'all!!

Kristy said...

So sweet! Congrats!!