Pages

5/26/2008

Memorial Day Fun!

There's nothing quite like a long weekend this time of year... especially if you spend it on the water! Craig and I took Sydney for his first kayak adventure this weekend. We decided to paddle around on the Holston River next to our neighborhood... just in case Sydney didn't adapt well and we had to take him home. Fortunately, Sydney seemed to take to it like a duck to water!
Sydney started out in Craig's kayak, but before they got 20 ft. from the shore he jumped out and swam to my kayak. So, he rode the rest of the way with me. He was a little nervous about the ride at first, but he eventually settled down. He clumsily fell out 3 times after he lost his balance trying to lean over the side. Of course as soon as he climbed back into my kayak he shook off... hence my clothes are soaked in all of the pictures.
We stopped at an island in the middle of the river to rest and let Sydney explore. He seemed to really enjoy himself. We had a great time and I think that Sydney will eventually become a pro at the whole kayak thing!


2 comments:

Holly said...

He's getting SO big . . . Sydney, that is . . . :) I can't believe how he's grown!

kim said...

That looks like fun!! He's so cute.