Pages

11/18/2007

Finally!

I FINALLY finished the upholstery project that I began OVER ONE YEAR ago! I kid you not... it really took me that long. Between work, the wedding, house stuff, and life in general it just kept getting put off. Well a few weeks ago I decided that it was time to finish the job. Let me refresh your memory...

Here is the chair before...
I took off the old, nasty black fabric to discover a layer of ugly red fabric...
I stripped the chair down to it's bare bones...

Then I recovered it in a nice, neutral fabric. Not bad for my first major upholstery job... except for the fact that I started the project in September 2006!


5 comments:

Rae said...

wow alanna! that looks awesome!!! you did a GREAT job!!!!!

Holly said...

Okay, so when are you coming to my house? I have 2 chairs willing and ready!

Alanna said...

i'd be happy to work on your chairs... you won't need them for the next year and a half will you?!?

kim said...

that is really awesome! dont worry that isnt a long time. we have a running joke in our family because it took my mom 15 years to make curtains for my dad and hers bedroom. then a year later they changed the bedroom completely so they lasted a year!

kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.