Pages

12/03/2006

Tis the Season!

Craig and I decided to kick off our Christmas season by visiting the house and grounds of Allandale Mansion (Kingsport's "White House"). This estate was once a 500 acre farm that raised championship Black Angus cows and Tennessee Walking horses. The tour featured a dozen beautifully decorated Christmas trees, an antique toy collection, and cookies and wassail!

Following our tour of Allandale Mansion, Craig and I went to Fall Branch Christmas Tree Farm to try to find the perfect tree. We had a lot of fun and ended up taking home a leyland cypress!

Once we got the tree home it was time for the fun part! It's amazing how much a Christmas tree can make a place feel like home!

3 comments:

Holly said...

How fun that you cut one yourself! T'was the weekend for Christmas tree finds for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Sasha and I like the tree...it is very pretty!!!

Erin said...

Sorry...the anonymous is me (Erin), as I am sure you could tell by Sasha. I didn't realize I had to put my name in the box. LOL